The Association of Investigation of the Industries of Wood and Cork, AITIM, was founded in 1963. In order to canalize the activities of certification, and to initiative of the industry of the wood and of the companies associated with AITIM, there was created in 1967 the Qualit Label AITIM.The products and certified activities are similar to the Spanish procedure (UNE) and Europeans (EN) existing. In those particular cases in which procedure do not exist there are adopted procedures of test and specifications elaborated and approved by the Management committee of the Qualit Label AITIM.The Certification AITIM bases on:
- The General Regulation of the Qualit Label AITIM
- The Particular Regulations for the different products with Qualit Label AITIM.
The General Regulation of the Qualit Label AITIM describes the general dispositions, the Management committee of the Qualit Label and his members, the procedure for the obtaining of the Label, employment of the Qualit Label, control of the Qualit Label and the financial regime.The Particular Regulations of the Qualit stamps AITIM define for every product: the object of this Stamp, definitions and classifications (when follow-up is needed), procedure of concession, to the products to which there has been granted the Stamp, internal control of manufacture, the marked one and the procedure of reference.
- For his concession the manufacturer has to send the corresponding request, to pay the specified rates, to overcome the initial inspection and the initial tests defined for every product or activity in his particular regulation and to have installed the internal specified control.
- Every 6 months inspections of test are realized to verify the manufacturer's internal control.
- Depending on the reports of inspection on the means of manufacture, the internal control of the manufacturer and of the results of test of the samples, the Management committee of the Qualit Label AITIM takes the corresponding agreements.
The Certificates of the Qualit Label have a validity of 1 year, which is renewed automatically depending on the reports of inspection on the internal control of manufacture and of the results of test.